Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Did you pass or fail?

Have you ever had one of those times in your life when you were tested?  No, not a test at school, or a driving test, not a test to see what kind of personality you have, or to see if you have an IQ...

I'm talking about those times when your faith is tested. We all have had them.  The moment in time when you either stand firm on the Solid Rock in which you stand, or you fall into the trap of compromise and begin to sink into peer pressure.  I had one awhile ago, and tonight as I was reading scripture it all came together.  "People will hate you, shut you out, insult you, and say you are evil because you follow the Son of Man.  Luke 6:22"

There are times in our life when we have to make tough decisions, and they are even tougher when it involves the ones, family and friends, closest to us.  One thing I have learned though, is that the word of the Lord is true!  It is our manual, hard drive, receipt to life, our 4 wheel drive, our caffeine...I think you get my point.  The word of the Lord does not come back void.

I had to make a decision that effected someone close to me...and all though the answer seemed so clear to me, it wasn't for them and from that I felt the pain of Luke 6:22.  But even though it hurt me as to why they didn't understand my answer, my heart was at peace because I knew I needed to follow the Son of Man and what He has called me to do and be.

So many times we or should I say I, want to please people, we want people to like us, we hate conflict, we just want peace and happiness, but God also made us all different.  We need to remember that the only one who we need to please and follow is Him.  In the end He is who we are accountable to.

Whatever test you are facing or have faced remember that the answer is in the book.  Not everyone might like or agree with your answer, you might get Luke 6 thrown at you for what your answer is, but remember that if you are
His and He is yours then you know what your answer should be. 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.  Mark 12:30"

No comments:

Post a Comment