Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Just the Way You Are"

My heart melted the other day when I saw Bruno Mars perform his hit song "Just the Way You Are".

A few lines from the song:

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, cause your amazing just the way you are...Oh, you know, you know, you know I'ld never ask you to change, if perfects what your searching for then just stay the same, so don't even bother asking if you look ok, you know I'll say. When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change, cause your amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile the whole world stops and stares for awhile, cause girl your amazing, just the way you are."

I think deep down each and everyone of us wants someone to sing that song to us. I've got good news, someone is singing that song to you everyday.

He thinks you are amazing and there isn't anything He would change about you. NOTHING! He made us just the way we are, special and unique in our own way. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart" Jeremiah 1:5.

The media, magazines, and people put so much pressure on woman. According to them you have to wear a certain type of clothes, be a specific size, have your hair a definite color and cut, etc all to be beautiful and in fashion.

Well, I have news for them, they are wrong. No two people are alike. It shouldn't be things of this world that make us happy or feel beautiful. Those things might bring some happiness and contentment for a season, but let me caution you, that season will soon come to an end. Then how will you feel? Right back to square one, feeling like you aren't good enough or pretty enough.

God's beauty runs from the inside out. It is never fading. It's not styles or things that make us beautiful, it's who we are in Him. We are a daughter of the King. Did you hear me, A KING! We are royalty. That just in itself makes me feel special. In Him we should radiate love, joy, peace, patients, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. Our character should be trustworthy.

We focus so much on outward appearance that we forget that it's what is on the inside that matters. When we are happy and content with who we are, we are happy with our whole selves. Our beautiful personality and little quirks are what make us special and beautiful.  Don't let anyone tell you or make you think differently.  You are beautiful!

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment