Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Count Your Blessings Name Them One By One"

Does it really take us a holiday for us to be thankful and talk about all that we are blessed with?

If we would stop for a moment and come to realize it, we are very blessed!  There is so much to truly be thankful for.  How often do we stop and really examine all that we have to be thankful for? Why does it take that holiday or things getting really bad for us to remember?

Hopefully we are always aware of our blessings.  Each day is a gift.  The fact that we are breathing is a miracle.  This life that we have been given is a gift, an opportunity to do what God has called us to do.  Our cup runneth over and our blessings are abounding.

I am so thankful for life...that God sent his son to die for my sins, for our sins.  I am thankful that I am blessed with such amazing parents, who show me love, who brought me up in the ways that are right.  I am thankful for a wonderful husband who swept me off my feet over 10 years ago and the journey just continues to get better.  For his strength, wisdom and love.  I am thankful for two most incredible gifts, our kids.  Yes, they can be a handful at times, but truly bring us so much joy and love.  We as a family have so many blessings the list could go on and on....shelter over our heads, food in the cupboards, running electricity, transportation, family and friends, health (God's hand is working a miracle there), joy, laughter, sight, smell, etc.

Let us take time each and every day to give thanks and give our gratitude to our Heavenly Father to whom all praise and glory is due.

"Enter his gates with Thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."  Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment