Wednesday, September 11, 2013

School is here and NO tears for this mommy!

I didn't cry!  I remember the first day I dropped Emma off for her first day of preschool, I got in the car and blubbered my whole way home.  I even called my mom and asked if this was normal.  She hadn't shed a tear or begged me to stay when I dropped her off and left, I on the other hand "cried me a river".

Today was Lincoln's first day of preschool, and I didn't cry.  I was quite sad last week when I found out my daughters school got postponed from starting for another week, but I think it was truly a blessing in disguise.  You see she went with me to drop Lincoln off.   He is my last baby, his life has already been such a journey, I didn't quite know how I would feel.  But the good news is, I didn't cry

He was so excited for school, he has been dreaming of the day when he would get to go to school like other kids.  He especially wanted to go to school just like his Big Sister Emma.  I think he thinks school is all about playing outside, but we have had to remind him several times that we go to school to LEARN and to play outside. 

2 years ago we weren't sure what the future held for our family.  Our son, Lincoln, had been diagnosed with cancer and was in the start of some intense treatments.  What a journey the last two years have been.  But today was a new day!  Lincoln had his first day of preschool and loved every minute of it.

The first year of treatment we kept Lincoln so isolated due to his counts being all over the place, we knew there was such a high risk if he got sick.  Now in treatment his counts are more at a stable number that we have felt more at ease going and doing things.  So school was definitely on our list of things to try.

We are so thankful for our son.  We are thankful for God's healing hand.  We are so thankful for Dr's, nurses, medicine, research which have helped get us to where we are.  God is sooooo GOOD!

Please continue to pray for Lincoln as he still has another year and 2 months of treatment left.  We know that this year is a new year for him, full of so much life and excitement, but we also know that with school and being around so many other kids can come sickness.  We continue to pray for God's might hand of protection over him.

Ok I have to be honest.........I did cry a few happy tears on my way home.  Happy to be kid free for a few hours a couple time a week (I know all you moms can understand), but most importantly so thankful for God's many blessings.  Lincoln being here, Lincoln doing well on treatment, Lincoln being able to go to school are all such huge blessings.  And we can't forget each and everyone of you who have loved us, prayed for us, and supported us on this journey.  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment